We are delighted that the Acrylic Block Set is a 2016 Practical Pre-School Silver Award WINNER and Nursery World Awards FINALIST!
A set of 25 polished translucent acrylic blocks with a plane mirror, work cards and teacher’s notes included. The smooth colourful tactile blocks are designed to enable children to build patterns and sequences as well as create imaginative pictures:
- Regular polygons to help with mathematical language and the understanding of shapes and forms (square, triangle, oblong, circle, ellipse)
- Irregular shapes to enable more complex pictures to be made and to encourage a rich diversity of language such as wave, zigzag, arch, bridge etc
- Plane mirror for children to build patterns and see the effects of reflective symmetry
- Coloured and clear blocks so children can see the world in a different hue, overlay them to mix new colour combinations and use them on a light panel
- 15 pupil work cards from simple ideas to more complex challenges. There are pictures to copy in 2D or 3D, shape sequences to solve and ideas for reflective symmetry work.
- Teacher’s guide including background information, suggested activities to try, questions to ask the children and extension ideas.
The Acrylic Block Set comes in a robust card box with key guide for the easy return of pieces and foam inserts to protect and store the blocks safely.
Supports the EYFS & National Curriculum:
- EYFS Communication & Language: Listening & attention
- EYFS Physical Development: Moving & handling
- EYFS Understanding the World: The World
- EYFS Expressive Arts & Design: Exploring & using media & materials
- KS1 Science
- KS1 Design & Technology
Enables quality provision using ITERS and ECERS:
- ITERS-R: 15. Activities: Fine motor
- ITERS-R: 19. Activities: Blocks
- ITERS-R: 22. Activities: Nature/Science
- ECERS-R/E: Language & Reasoning, Activities, Science & Environment, Provisions for children with disabilities, Diversity
Set includes 25 blocks, 15 work cards, 1 acrylic plane mirror and teachers guide. 3+