Practical Pre-School Awards 2015 - SILVER
The Spheres come in eight different clear colours and are soft and warm to the touch. The very youngest children will enjoy handling them in free sensory play or a part of a Treasure Basket collection.
Older children will find them fascinating as they hold them up and look through them seeing the world around them in different colours. The way light behaves when children look through the spheres they will also see the world from a different angle. Holding two or three Perception Spheres together creates new colours and hues; using the Spheres on a light panel will enhance the children’s opportunities for colour mixing.
Supports the following areas of provision in the EYFS & KS1 National Curriculum:
- EYFS Personal, Social & Emotional Development: Managing feelings & behaviour
- EYFS Physical Development: Moving & handling
- EYFS Communication & Language: Listening & attention
- EYFS Mathematics: Shape, space and measure
- EYFS Understanding the World: The World
- KS1 Science
- KS1 Spiritual & Emotional Development
Supports quality provision using ITERS & ECERS:
- ITERS-R: 15. Acitivites: Fine motor
- ITERS-R: 17. Activities: Art
- ITERS-R: 22. Activities: Nature/Science
- ECERS-R/E: Language & Reasoning, Activities, Science & Environment, Provisions for children with disabilities, Diversity
PPS AWARDS - WHAT THE TESTERS SAID:
"Our children loved them! Frozen in water play or in trays with objects to look at through them - our chlidren have enjoyed playing with them. They are a good investment for a childcare setting. Our children loved looking through them and then rolling them. Excellent for a child with SEN."
Size: 50mm diameter. Age: 0+