2014 PPS Gold Award Winner!
Made from soft silicone these realistic linking people consist of 6 families with 6 family members - each made of a different transparent colour (making each character entirely different from the others) that can be linked by their hands. Characters include Grandad & Grandma, Mum & Dad and a Girl & Boy. Moulded with realistic features and in proportion they can be used across the curriculum.
Linking People are an excellent resource for storytelling, language development, mathematical sorting, pattern making and for their attributes (larger/smaller, taller/shorter, older/ younger). In science they can be used to help children understand life cycles as well as on a light box to see colour mixing or the effect when reflected in a mirror. They are good to help children develop fine motor skills and in small world play. Being made from silicone they are strong and easily cleaned after use in soapy water or even in a dishwasher without harm. The set comes with an information sheet of ideas for use across the curriculum.
Supports the EYFS & KS1 National Curriculum:
- EYFS Physical Development: Moving & handling
- EYFS Personal, Social & Emotional Development: Making relationships
- EYFS Communication & Language: Understanding; Speaking
- EYFS Mathematics: Numbers; Shape, space & measure
- EYFS Understanding the World: The Word; People & communities; Technology
- KS1 Mathematics: Number
- KS1 Science
- KS1 Spiritual, Moral, Social, Cultural
Supports quality provision using ITERS and ECERS
- ITERS-R:15. Activities: Fine motor
- ITERS-R:22. Activities: Nature / Science
- ITERS-R:24. Promoting acceptance of diversity
- ECERS-R/E: Language & Reasoning, Activities, Mathematics, Science & Environment, Diversity
What the PPS Award testers said:
“After two years of having this product prior to testing, children still find it enjoyable. It encourages conversation about family, friends and people. It is surprisingly durable for plastic and easy to clean. It is versatile and the multi-usage can be spread over all seven ELGs. The bright appealing colours are great for catching the children’s attention and the storage box is great too. All in all a brilliant learning toy.”
Largest character 100mm. 3+