Practical Pre-School Awards 2015 - GOLD!
This set comprises of 10 textured circular disks made from ultra-soft flexible silicone – 5 large and 5 small. On the surface of each circle is a pattern which is distinctive and different from the rest of the set. Children can feel these textures and discover their differences. Placing the small circles into the feely bag provided they can see if they can describe or predict the pattern they are feeling. Using their feet they can walk over the large sensory circles to see if they can tell them apart. Linking the small and the large sensory circles via touch is great fun too with or without a blindfold.
Silicone has some great properties which makes it the ideal material for sensory circles - it is strong, safe to handle and ultra-soft to the touch. On the floor, the circles will grip and not slip even on a shiny surface and after use they can be washed by hand or popped into a dishwasher set on a high temperature to clean them thoroughly without harm.
Covers the following areas of the EYFS & KS1 National Curriculum
- EYFS Personal, Social & Emotional Development : Self- confidence & self-awareness
- EYFS Physical Development : Moving & handling
- EYFS Understanding the World : The World
- EYFS Expressive Arts & Design: Exploring & using media & materials
- KS1 Personal & Social Development
- KS1 Science
Supports quality provision using ITERS and ECERS
- ITERS-R: 15. Activities: Fine motor
- ITERS-R: 16. Active: Physical play
- ITERS-R: 22. Activities: Nature/ Science
- ECERS-R/E: Language & Reasoning, Activities, Science & Environment, Provisions for children with disabilities, Diversity.
PPS AWARDS 2015 - WHAT THE TESTERS SAID:
"We loved these. The children used the circles to create snail shell designs, simply and quickly. They were very easy to wash off with warm soapy water at the end of the creative activity and dried overnight, ready to use the following morning with our light box. The bag provided for the smaller circles was a nice touch. Appealed to children, especially walking on them with bare feet! Totally non-slip which we loved! Promoted language use to describe them. Also good as feely bag game."
Size: Dia.350mm & 80mm. Suitable for children from 3+