We are delighted to announce that Whizzy Dizzy has won the Nursery World Awards 2016 Equipment: Birth to Fives category!
Promoting healthy activity indoors and out, Whizzy Dizzy can be used to improve a child’s hand eye co-ordination and to help develop gross motor skills.
The sturdy plastic base houses a swivelling sitting platform which rotates as children pull on the circular central wheel.
Children will be recruiting core muscles as they discover how to coordinate their hands and arms in order to manoeuvre themselves around the central post, providing a sense of achievement and fun as they make themselves go around faster. However they are always in control of their speed as the Whizzy Dizzy will only spin as fast as they are pulling on the wheel.
Supports the following areas of provision in the EYFS & KS1 National Curriculum:
- EYFS Personal, Social & Emotional Development: Self-confidence & self-awareness; Managing feelings & behaviour
- EYFS Physical Development: Moving & handling; Health & self-care
- EYFS Understanding the World: The World
- KS1 Physical Education
- KS1 Personal & Social Development
Supports quality provision using ITERS & ECERS:
- ITERS-R: 16. Activities: Active physical play
- ECERS-R/E: Activities, Diversity
Size: 550mm diameter, 300mm high. Maximum weight limit 45kg. 3+